Friday, September 29, 2006

Visit to Niagara

After spending most of the time in transit and travel I reached Mumbai on Wednesday early morning from my small trip of US. It started on 15th August and ended on 26th September so in a way it was a small trip compared to my last trip of full 85 days.
On my way home, this time, I took a halt of 2 days at my friends place in Buffalo NY. It was nice to meet my childhood friends after a gap of almost 5-6 yrs. Niagara Falls was also one of the main attractions besides meeting old friends. The fall is very close to my friend’s house, so got a chance to visit the beautiful place couple of times.
Niagara Falls is renowned for its beauty, and is both a valuable source of hydroelectric power and a challenging project for environmental preservation. A popular tourist site for over a century, the natural wonder is shared between the twin cities of Niagara Falls, Ontario and Niagara Falls, New York. There are total 3 falls at Niagara American Fall, Horseshoe Fall and Bridal Veil Falls. It was a really a pleasant experience to watch Niagara Falls so closely.
Overall this small trip to Niagara made a permanent mark in my memories, meeting old friends after a long gap and visiting one of the wonder places in the world. In Marathi there is a phrase “Dugdha Sharkhara Yog” means all the good things happened at the same time.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog my friend! Niagara Falls has a great travelling value for their all tourists. I have been visited in this places before my canadian tours. Niagara Falls is the collective name for three waterfalls that straddle the international border between Canada and the United States. Your cruises plan to Niagara Falls is amazing. Over 12 million visitors per year visit Niagara Falls to see the 12,000 year old river that creates the 2nd largest falls in the world. You can easily enjoy your all travelling enjoyment like, fishing, wine festivals, parks, biking in Niagara and much more enjoyable terms during your travel.